Teamwork is the secret behind one of the best equipped, most productive hardwood sawmills in Canada
Flexibility is the hallmark of our sawmill, and thanks to its, custom-built optimizing equipment we’re able to simultaneously manufacture a wide range of standard and custom-made wood products.
- An FSC supply chain drawn from the best hardwood forests
- Double-taper sawing technology
- Geometric and vision-scanning technology
- Annual production capacity of over 15 million MBFT/36,250 cubic meters
Respect for tradition has enabled Champeau to master the drying process
Pre-drying in a controlled environment protects and preserves freshly cut lumber, reducing defects caused by exposure to sunlight and the elements.
The drying process is carefully adjusted to the characteristics and dimensions of the lumber. The traditional drying method coupled with our ultramodern control systems gives excellent results. However vacuum-drying is unparalleled when stability and brightness of color are crucial.
1 325 000 MBFT/3068 cubic meters kiln capacity
- Temperature and humidity-controlled warehousing ensures a protective and stable environment for dry-wood storage.
Our state-of-the-art dimension mill is carefully designed to meet the most stringent requirements of the current wood components market
From the optimized ripping line to packaging and shipping, all our operations are centralized.
For years we’ve worked hard to improve and refine our equipment and workforce in order to present our clients with an impressive selection of products ranging from the simple to the intricate.
Our rigorous production management system enables us to provide just in time delivery on custom-made product orders.
- Fully integrated ripping, trimming, molding, dowelling, sanding, and laminating operations
- Computerized ERP production management system
- Research & development
- Annual production capacity of 7 million MBFT/17,000 cubic